Backstage Access: MPHS Drama

Let’s put the drama class in the spotlight and see more about what the students think.
Backstage Access: MPHS Drama

I am hoping that this will be an amazing experience for all of my drama students – Mr Klak.

The Mount Pleasant High school drama class is constantly busy building their skills. The teacher John Klak has been teaching this class for years as well as running the drama program, responsible for putting on plays and musicals.

Mr. Klak directing rehearsal for “The Play That Goes Wrong” (Jason Anderson)

We talked to multiple students in the drama class to learn more about how their experiences in this class have been. Lauren Roper has been participating in the drama class for two years and so far she says that she really enjoys the class. She has yet to partake in any of the school plays but she hopefully will in the future. Kelsey Grove has been partaking in drama classes since she was in sixth grade and really enjoys it but is not participating in the next play. They both share the same passion for their favorite play Heathers.

Earin Brooks also shares the same passion for drama. She has been involved in drama classes for two years now and her favorite play is Romeo and Juliet. She is not participating in the next school play but will be there to support her classmates and friends. One thing that connects all of these people is their love for drama.

Klak stays very active and involved in helping students during rehearsal. (Jason Anderson)