57° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

July Birthdays
July Birthdays
June 30, 2024
June Birthdays
June Birthdays
June 4, 2024
Powwows!
Powwows!
June 4, 2024
Junior Lauren Gilbert and Senior Abi Bailey get ready to take off for the race!
Girls Track
June 4, 2024

October Teacher Feature

Teachers play a vital role in shaping our lives. This month we are gonna be appreciating one of our favorite teachers, Mr. Schell.
Mr.+Schell
Ach Wilson
Mr. Schell

Mr. Schell loves to teach high school students. He had good and fun teachers growing up and wanted to do the same for kids in our generation. He also has a lot of family members that are teachers and that love to teach, it runs in his family. That’s why he chose this path to become a teacher. 

Here are some stuff  Mr. Schell likes:

Mr. Schell likes to stay active when he can. (Nadiley Madison)

Height : 6’5 and 3/4

Hobbies : Hunting and fishing 

Comfort food: Pizza

Fav music: 90’s rap 

Morning bird or Night owl: Night owl

Passion : Teaching

Fav season: Fall

Q; How do you create a positive and inclusive classroom? 

A: “Treat all the kids the same but different because some kids need more help than others.”

Q; What teaching strategies do you find most effective in engaging students?

A; “The biggest thing is developing relationships with kids. Kids have to trust you and know that you actually care for them, and to do what’s best for them. Once you get kids to believe all of that and you are genuine with who you are, I think kids will trust you and do what you say because they trust that you’re going to put them down the right path.”

Q; Share a memorable teaching moment.

A;  “ I had a student a few years back and was this big tough kid and he broke down crying because he was home sick, just moved from a different country and I don’t think we always recognized that males sometimes get emotional just like females.  I remember seeing him crying and we had a conversation, he remembered that he has family here, they might not be blood but they’re still family, and that people still care about them.”