57° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

July Birthdays
July Birthdays
June 30, 2024
June Birthdays
June Birthdays
June 4, 2024
Powwows!
Powwows!
June 4, 2024
Junior Lauren Gilbert and Senior Abi Bailey get ready to take off for the race!
Girls Track
June 4, 2024

Band in Review

Take a look at what the Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band has accomplished during their very busy and rewarding season!
Claire Vogel
Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band talking about their performance afterwards.

A lot of hard work goes into the show from both me and the students, but in the end it is always worth it. – Matt Taton

The Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band recently ended their season in indianapolis with the biggest competition of the year, the Michigan State Bands Of America Grand Nationals. What all did they do to lead them there? well let’s take a look at their season in review and see how they did.

The show was entitled Disco Fever and featured “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor, “Wishing on a Star” by Rose Royce, “Stayin’ Alive” and “Night Fever” by the Bee Gees. The music was arranged by MPHS Alumni Dr. David Biedenbender. The Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band competed at Sparta HS (1st place and captions for best music, visual, general effect, color guard, and percussion), Novi HS (2nd place), Lake Orion HS (5th place), DeWitt (MCBA State Finals Prelims, 7th place) and again 7th Place at MCBA State Finals at Ford Field in Detroit.  The finish at State Finals was the band’s highest finish since 2016, despite the low number of people.

The band then traveled to Indianapolis, Indiana for the Bands of America Grand Nationals.  The band performed at their best and finished a respectable 72nd out of 93 bands.  Many of the best bands in the nation were represented and many of the bands had over 250 members. Based on the size of the band and the budget they are working with this is very impressive. “It was a great experience to compete against some of the best marching band programs in the country” said Mr. Taton.

The Mount Pleasant High School Marching Band is always looking for new members and director Matt Taton, says that anyone can try out. Mr. Taton and the band are looking forward to another high energy, familiar music show for 2024. Stay Tuned!