57° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Collage Concert

The Mount Pleasant High School Bands, Orchestra, and Choir will be giving a performance to remember on december 19th at 7:00. They will also be performing two concerts during school on December 20th for the students.

Every Year the Mount Pleasant High School Bands, Choirs, and Orchestra perform a collage concert all together. During this concert they perform different christmas or winter pieces in a collage format. The concert will be taking Place on Tuesday December 19th at 7:00 and we hope you will join us.

Orchestra students rehearsing for the concert (Claire Vogel)

During this concert the Orchestra will be performing selections from Home Alone, as well as some other familiar christmas pieces like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. The orchestra will also be playing a more modern piece called winterfall. The Orchestra is very excited and is looking forward to performing during this exciting and festive concert.

The Symphonic band is planning on playing C’est Noel, it’s a medley of traditional holiday favorites conducted by Ms. Longoria. She chose the piece because it has some more unfamiliar French Canadian carols. Brazilian Sleigh Bells which was chosen because we have never performed it and it’s a bit different and has a Latin beat. Holiday Sing Along which was chosen to give the band a chance to interact with the choirs and audience, this piece features Deck the Halls, Jingle Bells, O Christmas Tree, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas.

The Symphonic Wind Ensemble is going to be performing Greensleeves this piece was chosen because it’s very dramatic and features the strengths of the band and highlights them in the best ways, as well as that it is a great contrast to their other pieces. In the Bleak Mid-Winter by Gustav Holst this piece was chosen because they performed it for the WNEM-TV5 “Sounds of the Season” it also features Maeve Curry on clarinet. Secret Agent Santa which was chosen because it’s fun to play and has a James Bond vibe to it this piece features Eli Buccilli on alto sax. Finally We Wish You a Mambo Christmas by Erik Morales. This piece was chosen because the students love playing it. This year we’ve opened it up for a Conga-line during the concert too!!

All of MPHS choir (Amya Hall)

The Advanced Choir is going to perform O Come O Come Emmanuel, Betelehemu, Carol of the Bells, and O Magnum Mysterium. Chorus will be performing Perhaps Love and Winter Song. All Choirs will then also perform a special piece together called in the snow in which there is a series of solos highlighting some of the beautiful singers we have.

At the very end of the concert all of the Bands, Choirs, and Orchestra will perform Sleigh Ride all together like they do every year. This is one of the most exciting concerts of the year for these students and we hope you will join us! There will be more series of concerts in the spring stay tuned to join us for those as well!