63° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Christmas Door Contest

Ramirez Door

During Christmas time there is a contest for which class can decorate their door the best. Every year the Student Senate votes on whose door they think is the best. Many classrooms do an excellent job decorating their doors. We interviewed some of the teachers who decorated their doors and asked them, what inspired their door, what they’d like for Christmas, and if they could explain their door.

When we asked Ms./Mrs. Schwemer, what inspired her door, she said, “I really wanted to do something with my coworkers.”. Then when asked what she wanted for Christmas she said, “I’d really like to have some peace and quiet.”. Lastly when asked to explain her and her co-worker’s doors she answered, “We were doing the ghosts of christmas past, christmas present, and christmas future, from the story, a Christmas Carol.”.

Winner: Langley’s Door.

When we interviewed Ms./Mrs. Langly, the winner of the door competition, she said “Every year I do this with my students, I actually have this as part of the curriculum.”. When asked about what she had wanted for Christmas, she said, “I would really want the new princess peach game for nintendo switch.”. And Lastly when asked about her favorite Christmas movie she said “Mickey’s Christmas carol.”.

Kemble Door.

We also interviewed other teachers, like Mrs. Lunsford, who had done a Grinch inspired door. When asked the same questions, she answered, “I always wanna decorate, so I decided to do a big project this year.”, “For Christmas I really would like to spend more time with my family.”, and she said her favorite Christmas movie is Elf.                                                                                                                                        We also interviewed members of the Student Senate, and asked, what the rating system for the doors is, what their new year resolution is, and which door was their personal favorite. All three said it was chosen through voting. Addison Koch answered, “My resolution

Bl Room.

is to read more books, and my personal favorite was the graphic design door.”. Jolie Damer-Daigle answered, “My resolution is to get more sleep, and my personal favorite door was Mr. Natzel’s “. The last student, Ellery Boyle, said “My resolution is to be more involved in more things, and my favorite door was the Graphic Design door.