58° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Workout Wednesdays

Workout Wednesdays are held in the Mt. Pleasant High School cafeteria from 3:15-4pm every Wednesday during the month of January. It is led by MP FIT instructors, and both staff and students can attend. The point of this January fitness challenge is to encourage wellness and healthy habits. We interviewed three staff members who participated in the class, Ms. Sepanski, Mrs. Sedlar, and Ms. Pepin. While talking with Ms. Sepanski she said “It was challenging but fun and was a nice social activity.”, she also said she works out three to five times a week but enjoyed doing it with her friends for a change. Next I talked with Ms.Pepin, “It was lots of fun and very fulfilling.”, also she hopes for more participation in the upcoming classes, from both students and staff. Pepin usually works out at home but thought it was fun to switch it up. Lastly I talked to Mrs. Sedlar, “I really like the class, and it’s fun to see my fellow staff and students.” Sedlar also mentioned that she never works out but saw an opportunity to do it with her friends and took it. There has already been three classes, the first one was on January 3rd which was Pound with Nicki, the second one was January 10th which was Kick and Sculpt with Beth, and the most recent which was January 17th, with Barre and Katherine. There are two more classes left so take advantage of the free workout! January 24th is WERQ with Nicki, and the last class, January 31st is Strength and Mobility with Tracy. If you go make sure to bring your own water, workout shoes and attire, and an optional workout mat. This program is funded by the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe.

Ms. Sepanski and Mrs. Sedlar, some of the attendees of Workout Wednesdays.