53° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

MPHS Varsity Dance Team!

The Mount Pleasant High School Varsity Dance team has accomplished many things this season. As the season comes to a close, let’s look at all the amazing things they have done.
Ellie Deleon
MPHS Varsity Dance Team posters displayed the gym

The Mount Pleasant High School Varsity Dance Team has worked very hard this year. From tryouts, to the homecoming assembly and parade, to game days, and competitions, here’s everything they accomplished this year!

MPHS Varsity Dance Team after winning their Trophy

The Dance Team has a longer season than most sports, and the team holds tryouts in May. After tryouts, the team will hold practice twice a week all summer long to prepare for the season ahead of them, and to get ready for Homecoming. After homecoming the team starts to prepare for competition and then basketball season. The team’s season will come to a close at the end of February.

Mount Pleasant High School Varsity Dance Team at the Homecoming Parade with Coach Brockman

Let’s start by taking a look at homecoming, the Mount Pleasant Varsity Dance Team performed a fast hard hitting routine at the homecoming assembly, and danced their way through the parade. The homecoming routine music was a custom mix consisting of “Kiss Kiss” by Chris Brown, “Without Me” by Eminem, and “Stronger” by Kanye West. At the parade the team danced through to the various songs. After homecoming, the team went on to a competition for November, where they won fifth place.

After their competition the team went on to start their regular season. During the season the team performed many pieces. They performed a pom routine to a pitbull mashup, and followed the theme of the game which was construction outAfter that the team held their winter clinic with the littles who were also invited to perform with them. At the clinic the kids learned many things including a halftime routine and some basic dance moves. Then it was Christmas time! The team performed a christmas dance to “Run Run Rudolph” by Kelly Clarkson. After that they went on to perform an amazing hip hop halftime! After hip hop the team learned and performed a snazzy jazz routine to “Tainted Love” by Soft Shell. And finally, after jazz the team prepared and performed yet again another amazing pom routine and the famous Guy Girl Dance.

MPHS Varsity Dance Team following the theme of the basketball game, construction out
MPHS Varsity Dance Team after the Christmas game

MPHS Varsity Dance Team after the hip hop game