56° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Advice for New Students

Analia Bechtold

My name is Analia Bechtold, and I am a new student at MPHS. I went around and asked people what advice they would give to a new student. I asked the students what advice they had for a new student at MPHS. Here are some answers from students and some staff members here at MPHS:   

Ember in 9th grade said to “Just worry about yourself.”

Payton in 10th grade said, “Try to find your group. It’s really important, and once you find your group you get along with almost everyone.”

Xavier in 9th grade said, “Try to stay social if you’re new to MPHS.”

Mrs. Willey is a staff member at MPHS, and she said, “Get to know your teachers and support staff around the building. They are very helpful and they could put you in the right direction.”

Havyn in 9th grade said, “Try to talk to as many people as possible.”

Parker in 9th grade said to “Engage with other kids and pay attention in class.”

Macy in 12th grade said, “Be open minded and get to know other kids.”

Piyeush in  9th grade said to “Explore your options, be open minded, and don’t be scared to try new things.”

Cameron in 12th grade said, “Don’t be shy. Talk to people and be social.”

Riana in 11th grade said, “Try to make as many friends as you can and don’t be shy at doing new things and get out of your comfort zone.”

Ceruz in 9th grade said, “Try to talk to people and make friends.”

Madison in 9th grade said, “Try to be bold and meet new people because it’s scary on the first day, especially if you are a freshman.”

Makynlee in 10th grade said, “Don’t care what other people think of you.”

Nova in 9th grade said to “Stay out of the bathrooms” because that’s apparently where bad stuff happens.

Ms. Boyle is a staff member at MPHS. She said to “keep an open mind and try to connect with as many people as you can. There are a lot of really wonderful students and adults here, so use that as an opportunity to get to know the school and get to know the place and get to know our culture.”

Babid in 9th grade said to “ask teachers for help and how to do good in school.”

Salma in 10th grade said, “Making some friends makes school a lot easier.”

Jensen in 9th grade said, “Don’t take things seriously. It’s not that bad.”

Cara in 9th grade said to “Keep your mouth shut.”

Two people wanted to remain anonymous and said to “Stay out of trouble and don’t skip class.”

Prosper in 9th grade said to turn in assignments, make sure you listen, pay attention, take notes if you have to, and make sure to always be prepared for tests/quizzes.

Let us know in the comments if you have some advice for new students at MPHS.