56° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

MPHS robotics club takes on Texas

Robotics+team+members+at+the+world+competition.+
Robotics team members at the world competition.

Kendra Ketchum and McKenzie DIckhausen recently did an interview with Lukas DiMaria. He is the president of the MPHS robotics club, who recently went to Houston, Texas to compete in the world competition. The first thing we asked him was, What does the robotics team even do? He answered and stated that every year they get a challenge and they have to make a robot that helps them complete the challenge. They have to build the robot from scratch and use the things they know about engineering to complete the task. The next thing we asked was: What does the MPHS robotics team mean to you? He answered with a lot of hard work, and they sacrifice a lot of their personal time outside of school to do it, but it has a lot of reward, such as traveling to do what they love. The third question we asked was: What is the purpose of the team, and he believes the purpose of the team is to help get better with engines, doing interviews, and learning business skills. Then we asked what does it mean to be a team leader, and he said it’s knowing as much as you can to help lead and guide the team, knowing the answers, and stepping up to help the team. Next, we asked about his experience at worlds and he said he believes they did well, and they accepted the parts where they didn’t do amazing but are going to take it and learn from it. The last question we asked him was if he had anything to add. He wanted to say that they’re still growing as a team, and if you’re interested in joining to take the leap and reach out.

We are both very proud of the team for making it as far as they did, and good luck for upcoming events!