63° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Brockman

Mrs. Brockman speaks about being a dance coach, her teaching career, and more!
Keyana Hernandez
Our teacher Feature : Mrs. Brockman!

Meet Mrs. Brockman: She teaches World History A and Honors World History. She passionately shares that if she could teach another class it would be Global Issues again; she also expressed she has taught civics in the past saying “that was very fun.” When asked what she would teach if given the opportunity she explained British Literature would be super cool and interesting for her. Her end goal for her students is to learn a solid work ethic, and to just be good people. Which she is still working on how to teach. “I think having integrity is just as important as doing well in school.” 

When asked what she enjoys outside of teaching she says “I teach the dance team, and I enjoy painting and drawing.” What she wants people to know about dance is “it’s a lot harder than it looks, and it takes a lot of discipline.” Mrs. Brockman also went further to say her dancers are “incredibly talented and put a lot of effort into what they do”. She began dancing when she was around the age of four. She explained dancing impacted her life by giving her lifelong friends. She explained it also taught her about discipline, and that “you can’t always be good at something the first time you try it, sometimes growth takes a long time.” She says “It stuck with me through college and high school and going through difficult classes or difficult relationships with your friends.” She believes “just sticking to something and working on yourself is always a good skill to have.” When asked if she would ever return to dance she says this: “I still enjoy it. I mean I can still dance a little bit but not nearly what my dancers can do or what I used to be able to do when I was a little younger.” 

When asked if she had any advice for new dancers she informs us that there are tryouts this May, keep a lookout for that. She advises any newcomers to look at the tryout sheet and work on any of the skills, “those are all skills that we are gonna be looking at during tryouts.” Email Brockman if you have any questions: [email protected] 

With my own experience with Brockman as a teacher I could say she is one of the most understanding teachers I have ever had. She also makes me feel so appreciated and does such a great job at teaching World History and keeping us on track. Her dance team is incredible, and I look forward to seeing their dances next year.