57° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Girls Track

A recap of the Girls Track season
Junior+Lauren+Gilbert+and+Senior+Abi+Bailey+get+ready+to+take+off+for+the+race%21++
Molly Cope
Junior Lauren Gilbert and Senior Abi Bailey get ready to take off for the race!

As the track season comes to a wrap with only 4 days left of school and the state finals this weekend I would like to highlight some of the main points of the girls season.

The Senior Abi Bailey is heading to the states meet for her final year, as a previous champion for the 300m hurdles along with the 100m hurdles. As we give a huge good luck to Abi on Saturday the rest of the team will be cheering her on from back home.

But on the other hand, let’s take a look at the highlights from the rest of the season.

With many P.Rs and good memories that have grown from this season many records were set.

Lauren Gilbert competed at regionals for long jump and did a good job representing Mount Pleasant jumping a 14-ll.50. Representing Mount Pleasant long jump was the Senior Giselle Wiitanen who jumped a 4.8 which is not her PR but still a good score for Mount Pleasant as she is the only girl that high jumps for this school.

In the 4×100 relay, 4x 200 and 4x 400 relay our teams did fairly well for the women’s heats placing 11th in the 4×100 and 10th in both the 4×200 and 4×400 relays.

With the season at an end and the two last days of school closely approaching I had interviewed a student on the track team. Kyla Henry had her first track season this year and says that she had enjoyed running in circles with her favorite people and enjoyed the season as a junior and can’t wait till next track season and will continue to run during the summer. “I loved this season, it gave me memories I never thought I would have.¨ As a junior Kyla Henry only has 2 years in the track team and without setting any significant records she still enjoyed the season because of the coaches and mainly the community of the girls on the team.

The season may be over but the memories will never be forgotten, till next year! Oiler country lets ride!