63° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Veterans Day

Veterans+Day

November 11th, which is better known in the United States as Veterans Day, is a special day dedicated to honoring and expressing gratitude to the brave men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Originally known as Armistice Day, Veterans Day commemorates the end of World War I, which officially took place on November 11, 1918. The holiday was later expanded to honor all veterans who have selflessly served their country. Ceremonies and parades are held across the nation to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by veterans. It’s a time for communities to come together and show their appreciation for those who have defended our freedom. Many people also take the opportunity to visit memorials and military cemeteries to honor their family members and fallen heroes. It’s important to understand that Veterans Day is not to be confused with Memorial Day, which is a day of remembrance for those who have died in military service. Veterans Day is a time to thank and honor all living veterans for their service and acknowledge their contributions to our nation’s freedom. So, on this Veterans Day, let’s take a moment to reflect on the bravery and dedication of our veterans and express our gratitude for their service.

Some names of those who have served:

Maynard Kahgegab

David Otto 

Leroy Zerbe

Sam Austin

David Merill Jr.

Jim Brown