57° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

December Teacher Feature

Nadiley Madison
Fun facts: Height: 6’1 Favorite color: Green Favorite season: Spring Favorite music: Old school rock n roll Morning bird or night owl: Morning bird Favorite food: Steak n potatoes Hobby: Horse racing

What did you do before you were a hall monitor? “I was a horse racer for 35 years.” He lost three of his front teeth from a horse head butting him. Later on they ended up selling the horse for $1,300. After that he built houses for 20 years and has now been a hall monitor for five years.

What advice would you give students who want to succeed in school? “Never give up, never.”

What challenges do you face as a hall monitor and how do you overcome it? “Getting kids to realize I’m here for them. I’m not here to bust them, I’m here to help them. That’s my biggest challenge to get them to understand that.”

Share a memorable hall monitor moment. “When I get smiles and hugs in the morning.”

What inspired you to work in school? “I coached boys and girls soccer for 12 years and I just like working with kids.”

How do you create a positive environment? “I treat everyone with respect and then you get it back.”

“What strategies do you find most effective?” “communication and talking with students. Making sure you understand their emotions and thoughts. Make sure they also know that I’m listening and that I’m always here to help with whatever I can.”