65° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

Boys Varsity Basketball

Haiden Riley
Boys Varsity Basketball team stands intimidatingly.

As we enter the winter sports seasons, Varsity Boys Basketball has an amazing start, winning their first two games! I talked with head Coach, Dan Schell and Team Captain, Logan Borodychuk. While talking with Schell he said they are still trying to figure a lot of things out. His goal for the season is to get his team to be the best they can be. He believes they can make it to districts with enough time and effort. Next was my interview with Logan Borodychuk. Borodychuk is team captain because he has been on varsity since his freshman year, 2020. When I asked Borodychuk if there was a lot of pressure being team captain he stated that he felt every senior on the team had kind of taken on the role. He says the team has a great bond and they all joke a lot but he also feels that they need to get the younger guys more involved. The team goal is to go to districts and win. They’ve had three games so far this season, he feels that they did well in the first two, but didn’t play their best in the third. He says there will be plenty of success in their future if they continue to work hard. Lastly I asked Borodychuk, “How is Schell as a coach?” and he stated that “Schell has high standards, he wants to win, he’s competitive, but he can also joke around with us when it’s not so serious.” With how Schell pushes his team and how much effort they put into their goals, I believe they have a good chance at making it to districts.