58° Mount Pleasant, MI
MPHS Student News

The Pipeline

The Latest

The Pipeline

The Pipeline

New Beginnings for the Boys Soccer Team

Sophomore+Darwin+Reilly+dribbles+down+the+field.++
Ellery Boyle
Sophomore Darwin Reilly dribbles down the field.

The MPHS boys soccer team has a new mindset as they kick off the 2023 season, putting their hard work from the summer on display. The team’s current record is 6-6-1 with Sophomore Captain Peirce Acles leading the team in goals, with Lucas Pety and Liam Corp leading in assists.

Junior Captain Ace Pierson taking a free kick for the oilers. (Ellery Boyle)

With the team facing some tough opponents this year, Senior Captain Eli Schlicht had some insight on what it takes to come back after a hard fought game. “A good practice always helps, and focusing on the fact that it’s just one game and there will be others” As the boys advance in their season there is big hope from Head Coach Shane Boyle, with his biggest aspiration for the team to win a district title. “I feel like it is in reach for us this season, we have a dedicated and competitive group of boys and that’s ultimately the goal for us.” The boys face off against Midland Dow at home the 25th of September, so come out and support the Oilers

Senior Captain Eli Schlicht is locked into the game as he looks for an open teammate.
Photo by- Ellery Boyle